Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Newbery Challenge!

So I got me a wild hair and thought it might be nice to read every Newbery award winner of the course of the next decade. Checking over the list I discovered that I'd only read Wrinkle In Time and Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (and I mean that I actually read the books... homie don't count watching the movie as having read the book, unlike some people I know). I also have nothing against reading juvenile fiction. Often it's quite entertaining and have a length that fits with my current lifestyle (a thousand page beast would take me half a year.)

For my first choice I selected Gay Neck. You know... in this PC world it's impolite to laugh. During the first four chapters I learned a little bit about India and pigeons and why I didn't need to read any further. Snoresville. I also learned that I needn't subject myself to the Newbery Challenge.

Click here and you too can claim that you've read Wrinkle In Time!

No comments: