Friday, September 7, 2018

Biscuits and Gravy Review : Revitalize Health Bar

The Revitalize Health Bar is a very small cafe located on the ground floor of an office building. There's no seating in the cafe but you can sit at a table in the building lobby or outside, if you so desire. They normally serve smoothies and gluten free toast with almond butter but in the morning one can also get an order of biscuits and gravy*. I wasn't sure what to expect from a place that uses wheat grass in their food... Healthy biscuits and gravy?!?

The services was very quick! I placed my order, two biscuits were popped into the microwave for what seemed like ten seconds, and then they were topped with what looked like too little gravy. They were done preparing my food before the credit card machine approved my purchase! The cost was $4.95... no tax?

I'll start by saying that this isn't health food. There was no sprinkling of bean sprouts, no gluten free biscuits, no soy-based meat alternative. Nope. This is your basic, standard, no-frills biscuits and gravy. I have no idea why they serve them except there must be in demand**.

The biscuits were not homemade and were gummy. Definitely sub-par. The gravy, however, was good. It had a nice consistency, didn't gum up before I was done eating, and was actually just plentiful enough to last (although there could have always been more). There was an adequate amount of non-crisped sausage and it was in small enough pieces as to be non-obtrusive, adding a nice flavor. I wouldn't say the gravy was packed with flavor, though. It was just, well, adequate. I doubt it was made from scratch but it didn't have a goopy "I'M FROM A CAN" consistency.

Biscuits - 3
Gravy - 6
Value - 5
Service - 7
GRAND TOTAL - 5.25

All in all, these are an amazingly average serving. Nothing stands out, nothing really detracts.

* Except in the summer months. Apparently healthy eaters don't eat B&G during the summer.

** Except in the summer months. Apparently healthy eaters don't eat B&G during the summer.

No comments: