Monday, June 8, 2009

Observations

This morning as I rode my bike to work (riding my bike to work four or five days a month plus keeping up with five kids is the only exercise I get) I noticed that they had stopped working on the expension of the art museum. Oh wait, there's four guys in hardhats standing on the corner. Around the corner along Main Street are two more groups of hardhat guys holding signs. On strike. Don't they know we're in a bloomin' recession?!?! That there are tons of people out of work (so they tell us) that are just itching to get a construction job? Seems like a pretty risky time to go on strike.

And then the thought occured to me that perhaps this is the unions flexing a bit of muscle since they have the full backing of the Obama administration, just testing to see how scared businesses are of earning any unwanted attention from Washington.

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

When I move REALLY fast on my bike I can get up to about 25 mph. Realistically, I can keep up a 10 mph pace for an hour or so. I'm not sure if I could do it for 35 miles (which is about how long my commute is). Wait a minute, this post wasn't about your biking. It was about the construction workers. Do they yell out sexist remarks at you when yuo ride by or what?