Friday, March 9, 2018

Rallys Eat-It-All #17 : $2 Shrimp Box

I loves me some shrimp but it's expensive. When I saw the sign for a $2 shrimp and fry box at Rallys I figured that the shrimp would be pretty tiny but I didn't expect them to be non-existent.

I also wasn't expecting the ten minute wait in the drive through but you know how the Rallys ordering lanes are... they're like channeled chutes and once you're in there's no way you're getting out aside from driving over some shrubbery.

When the employee, at long last, handed me my bag and said, unsolicited, "These are really good!" I didn't expect the smell of garlic that entered my car. Shows how closely I read signs, eh? [NOTE: The sign only says BUTTERY shrimp, not GARLIC BUTTERY shrimp... VINDICATION!!!!]

So here they are. A bit on the overcooked side, eh? There may be shrimp juice poured into the batter, or possibly artificial shrimp flavoring (I don't have the gumption to go check their web site) but there were no discernible shrimp parts even in the largest pieces. The garlic sauce was squirted over the whole mess and as usual had more smell than taste. The fries in garlic sauce tasted pretty yummy but for the most part I paid for batter and not shrimp. It's a good thing it was only two bucks.

No comments: