Friday, June 22, 2018

Biscuits and Gravy Bonus Review: Hardees

This one also doesn't count because it's not in downtown Fort Wayne. I think there is only one Hardee's in Fort Wayne and it's far enough away from me that it doesn't pose much of a threat.

However I recently had a chance to sample their biscuity wares. And it was pretty good. The single biscuit for $2.19 came in a styrofoam container and was paired with a little styrofoam cup of gravy which had it's own lid. I'm a bit mixed on this. If I'm driving through then now I have another step that needs completed before I can eat (pour gravy over biscuit) but it's also nice because I can dip a piece into the gravy for less mess.

The gravy itself was pretty good. There was a decent amount of meat and it had a nice flavor and texture... fast-food pudding-like but not over the top. The downfall was the biscuit. It's a good thing they gave me a fork AND a knife because I needed that knife to cut through the top of the biscuit. Overcooked and tough! Inside was decent, however, and it had a passable flavor.

Biscuits - 5
Gravy - 7
Value - 6
Service - 7
GRAND TOTAL - 6.25

No comments: