Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fun In The Country (Without Ticks)

My lovely wife and I recently enjoyed an evening at a Bed and Breakfast in Berne. Part of our trip, well, most of our trip involved visiting Bear Creek Farms where the buffet is reasonably priced and the clientelle use their AARP discount.

But there are other things. Wonderful things. Spoooooky things.

There are a few museums and stores on site as well. Our favorite was (drum roll please)...
Once inside visitors are treated to a wall of giant beer cans and a wall of giant pulleys, all behind giant protective glass.



BUT WAIT! THAT'S NOT ALL!

You also get:


But best of all was this lonely box sitting upstairs. BEWARE! DON'T LOOSE THE BERTHA ACCORIDON!


There were also a number of clockwork musical instruments. Yes, video was taken and will be available soon. I know all three of my readers are itching with anticipation and should probably go purchase the appropriate ointment or check for ticks.

4 comments:

Uvulapie said...

You should tell everyone what happened when we just couldn't take it anymore and we LOOSED bertha! Our lives will never be the same!

Uvulapie said...

Uh,I should remember to sign you out huh?

I name and claim ownership of the previous entry. And this one.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I remember the last time the Bertha Accordion got loose. Five people were trapped in the bellows and nearly suffocated until the police could free them via the chin switch. However, I think they contributed to one of the best renditions of Roll Out the Barrel that I've ever heard.

Unknown said...

Wow. What a wonderful, magical place. Hurry, please, with the video. But at least the Shumway household already owns the appropriate itch ointment.