Monday, November 5, 2007

78 and Comfortable

I love music and I love keeping track of things in databases. By extension, I love lastfm.com (see every-changing grid at right) which keeps track of the music you listen to and gives you rankings and similar artist lists to aid you in finding more of what you like.

One "trick" you can do is to take your top 20 artists and click on each of their links. Each of these have a list of ten or so similar artists. Write down the top five similar artists for each of your top 20. Remove any duplicates. The number that results in your Eclectic Score. Oooooo! I ranked 78 out of 100 which is pretty durn high. If it weren't for all my prediliction for John Denver I'd probably be in the high 90s.

http://anthony.liekens.net/pub/scripts/last.fm/eclectic.php

No comments: