Friday, April 18, 2008

Nautical Theme


The accordion made it in, the pizzicato strings did not. I'm not sure why my sudden interest with all things aquatic but a new version of a "classic" Fluid Imbibers song from 1990 now has a fork in it... unless Big Doofus is able to visit Fort Wayne to record new lead vocal and acoustic guitar parts. My lovely wife asked why I always sing in silly voices... one listen to this song and you'll know why. Altogether, though, my intent was to create a more organic and uncluttered song and to do so in record time instead of obessing over details. I'm happy with the results.

Friends With A Tuna 2008

Next up is a theme song for the almost-annual horror-movie fest where two friends and I watch cheesy or classic 80s splatter films and enjoy a beer or two. The last outing was summer 2007 so my deadline is set. I'm thinking of The Munsters.

6 comments:

C. Ford said...

If your last 'almost annual' horror fest thing was in 2007 then I'm pretty sure it's safe to call it an 'annual' horror fest thing. At least this year.

Uvulapie said...

DURN YOU REALISTS! Except that it was well over a year between the June 2007 event and the one before it.

Elephantschild said...

Thanks for that earworm... (walks away humming and snapping fingers...)

Oh, wait. Wrong earworm. That was the Addams family. Great! Now I've got TWO earworms... oy vey.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I will get up there soon. But first I have to wax the cat (inside joke for Fluid Imbiber fans--both of them).

Jane said...

Wow! Your talents are beyond anything that I could have imagined. :)

Uvulapie said...

One day I'll learn to play the musical saw and from then on it'll be nothing but fame and fortune!