Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gratitude

Thank you, oh thank you Mr. Obama for the reduction in Federal Tax in my payroll! Some people I work with have an extra $30 in their check this pay period.

I however got $0 extra.

This is because I take the maximum deductions and pay $0 in Federal Income Tax (though I still pay 7.65% for Social Security/Medicare). Thanks to the Bush Child Tax CREDIT I pay no Federal/National Income Tax so once you calculate what I owe and subtract the child tax credit I owe nothing. So, Mr. Obama, thanks for nothing. You have not managed to buy my vote by potentially giving me $15 a week in my check while increasing my gasoline, electricity, and natural gas costs 50% through Cap and Trade programs. But that's another rant for another day.

1 comment:

Jane said...

wow! I think I need some new kids! (Mine are aging out of the credit.)