Friday, July 28, 2017

Rallys/Checkerburger Eat-It-All #1 : Bacon All American Cheeseburger and Crispy Fish Sandwhich

I haven't written in a while so I guess it's time for "what's next."

How about about series? I no longer pass by Penguin Point but I do work within walking distance from a Rally's. I'm always amazed at the number of different options on their menu and usually stick to one (the glorious Bacon Cheddar Crisp) so why not try them all? I downloaded their menu, weeded out the side items and drinks and found that they have over sixty different items, and this doesn't include when they double the meat (Rallyburger vs. Double Rallyburger).

Perhaps some ground rules are in order. First, Doubles don't count... they're just crazy talk. Second, I may or may not include anything with the words "ANGRY BUFFALO" in the name. I'm not big on spicy and don't see the point of buying something just to throw it away after one bite. Third, I'm not going to include drinks and desserts unless they look extra yummy. There is no Fourth because I can't spell it. Rule Five is I order the item with no changes to the standard sandwhich.

That should do it.

I actually started on this gustatory undertaking last week but didn't have a camera with me. Too bad, young lad, you don't get to see a real life picture of the Buttery Garlic Steak Burger or the Fully Loaded Fries. The meat on the Steak Burger had a weird mouth feel, not stringy but something was off about it. The garlic flavor was very slight, as was the smell. The Fries were very good but I wouldn't buy them without a coupon. There was bacon crumbles and a couple squirts of the yellow cheese sauce (I presume cheddar) and a squirt of a white cheese sauce. Rally's was kind enough to provide a fork for use in their consumption. I'm also going to mark the Bacon Cheddar Crisp sammich as being completed. The bacon on these are large bacon bits that add a nice crunch and a medium glob of cheddar cheese sauce, just enough for flavor but not so much that it globs off and falls onto your lap while driving. Usually.

Today's adventure includes the Bacon All American Cheeseburger and, as part of the amazing 4 For $3 (Take THAT Wendys!) deal, the Crispy Fish Sandwich.

The Bacon AAC (pictured here with it's l'il apple pie buddy) had TWO complete strips of bacon on their usual patty, plus one piece of cheese and (between the cheese and the top bun) ketchup and mustard. It was fully adequate.

The fish sandwhich was surpringly tender and at one point a piece fell onto the wrapper and it had the grey bit of the fish in it so it's not a 100% minced-to-death product. Still, it's minced so maybe it just means that they don't do a good job of mincing, like I am with my words. It was pretty durn delicious. I've always avoided tarter sauce but found that it added a nice tang. Maybe I've added a new condiment to my arsenal. Maybe.

No comments: