Monday, January 8, 2018

Rallys Eat-It-All #15 : Extra Crispy Chicken Strips and Fries box

First off, I found the coupon book which I purchased for a buck on December 29,2017.. and noticed that all the coupons expire 12/31/2017. RIP OFF! However I don't think it will be a problem because these are pretty much the same coupons you get in the mail or email if you sign up for their club.

There was a break in the January weather where it shot up to 35 degrees F from the -3 it was for most of last week so I decided to head out for a stroll during lunch. And what should my wondering eye see but a Rallys sign for a $2 Extra Crispy Chicken Strip and Fry box. So I meandered over.

For two bucks I shouldn't complain... but I'm going to. When the sign says "Extra Crispy" I envisioned KFC-type extra-crispy. These are just average crispy. Yes, they look average crispy on the sign but I didn't look all that close. The other beef I have with this chicken is that one of them was durn near burnt on one side. Not inedible, but pretty dark. I got the regular 'cause my taste buds are wimps. The strips were decent-sized and tasted yummy and the fries, as always, were MSG-licious!

No comments: