Thursday, August 2, 2018

Rallys Eat-It-All #24 : Chocolate Shake and Tropical Punch Kool-Aid Slushie

Summer is a great time for me to fill in the chinks of my Rallys Completeness Catalog because most of those chinks are frozen desserts. I didn't really WANT a slushie or a milk shake but, you know, I have to for the sake of this blog.

And I know what you're thinking: A milkshake AND a Slushie? Are you serious? Yes. Deadly so. Plus I'm an adult so if I want to spoil my appetite I know that another one will spring up shortly (thank you, Mr. Seinfeld).

Before I get started I should note that usually the world kicks you in the financial shin* but every now and then a small shard of sunshine breaks through. Like today. I got their 2 for $2 special, which in itself is a good deal. I got their Rallyburger mit Cheese and a small chocolate shake. BUT I had a coupon for a free slushie with a $2 purchase. KA-CHING! But then they got my order wrong and gave me the burger with a small fry, which they couldn't take back. So for $2.16 I got a burger, a small fry, a milk shake and a slushie. I felt bad asking for ketchup for the "their mistake" fries so I didn't, putting a few on my burger for an instant Fry Burger and saving the rest to munch on here at work. After my carb-nap, of course.

A video blog I saw months ago said that the Tropical Punch Slushie was hands down the best and I likes me some tropical punch. And yes, it was good. Quite good. It tasted just like Tropical Punch Kool-Aid. Weird, eh? There were some big, uncrunched ice pieces at the end of the drink but hey, it was free and I had fun spitting those chunks at woodland creatures**. Also their outside sign says they now have Grape Kool-Aid Slushie and I have one more coupon. SCORE!

Unlike the other ice cream products I've eaten from Rallys, this milkshake was not quick to melt. In fact upon receiving it I figured I'd better drink it first before it turned into a puddle of goo but found that it was unsuckably thick so I had to eat my other vittles first. It was good, like any milkshake can be bad*** and tasted very much like Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. Based on the striations and separations of the product my guess is that they just mix in some Hersheys into their vanilla milkshake and call it good. In any case, it was surprisingly thick and stayed frozen all the way to the yummy end.

* Like when one of your offspring leaves the outside hose on for a day or two and your waterbill pulls an extra twenty out of your pocket... and there's nothing you can do about it.

** Except I was in downtown Fort Wayne, which would make them urban creatures. And no, I didn't really spit ice at any critters. I've seen a couple of rabbits downtown but no squirrels or naked mole rats or anything.

*** Arby's infamous BBQ Beef Shake being the exception.

No comments: