Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Rallys Eat-It-All #23 : Funnel Cake Fries and Banana Split Shake

I know it really isn't a good excuse but I HAD A COUPON. It was for a free shake with a $2 purchase. How could I resist on these hot summer days?
For my shake I upgraded to the Banana Split milkshake for 79 cents. First of all, take a gander at that massive straw! It's almost big enough for a dime!!! Because I had a shake from this place that melted within minutes I drank this first. I was thinking (hoping?) it would be like a Banana Split Blizzard, forgetting that I was dealing with Rallys. If you took a Banana Split Blizzard, removed half the add-ins and replaced the good ice cream with uber-quick-melty-cream this is what you'd have. But hey, it was 79 cents and I got the surprise of the sewer-pipe-sized straw. I would have been ticked if I paid full price, though.

Maybe I would have liked the loaded funnel cake fries better if I ate them first but I knew I was against the clock with the shake. The picture is from about two minutes after being handed them through the window and they are already soggy. And visually unappetizing. Flavor-wise it was that classic funnel cake flavor but there was barely enough of the "loaded" part to go around. They had a spongy consistency, like they were made of foam. And they had a weird aftertaste. $2.50 or so for this sorry mess and I won't be getting them again, loaded or otherwise.

No comments: