Friday, July 6, 2018

Rallys Eat-It-All #22: Crispy Mushroom Steak Burger & Apple Pie Stacker

I gotta admit... when I first heard the name I was apprehensive about this one. I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms and when I do eat them they're soft, squishy things. Not crispy.

It's not much to look at but WOW! What a mouthful of flavor! This is one delicious, savory burger! A bit on the salty side, which may have added to it's enjoyment. The one problem was the steak bits. They were overcooked and TOUGH! I went mid-afternoon instead of over lunch (my lunch was insufficient) so quite likely they had dried out while waiting for me. I'll very likely get this one again but will go closer to noon.

And likewise while I'm a fan of pie in general apple isn't on the top of my list. I overheard one employee telling another how to make this so I'll let you in on the recipe: Caramel, ice cream, more caramel and then they stick a whole cinnamon covered apple pie into it. It tasted amazing, like pie a la mode. My only problem is that I ate the sandwich first and even though it was not even 80s degrees by the time I got to the stacker the ice cream was completely melted. We're talking less than five minutes from frozen to soup which indicates how much of the ice cream is actually air at this establishment. I ended up drinking a bit of it with bits of the apple pie so all's well that ends well.

UPDATE: I had another Crispy Mushroom Steakburger. The "steak" was properly cooked but it wasn't as salty or savory this time. So sad.

No comments: