Monday, July 23, 2018

Biscuits and Gravy Review : Arbys

Of all the biscuits and gravy varieties in the world the one I've eaten the most is from Arby's. It's fast, cheap, and filling. The negative side, as far as this series is concerned, is that I've also had the opportunity to have it served poorly on more than one occasion. Tough biscuits. Salty gravy. No sausage. "Sorry sir but we are all out of that right now." WHAT?!!?! But this review will focus on the serving just inhaled from the downtown Fort Wayne location which is very typical of what one generally receives.

There it is... the double order. Also known as the 11:00 AM snoozer! You get two big biscuits that are not as generic as the food service biscuits but are fairly characterless. But they're big and not gummy. The gravy is plentiful (four ladles of the stuff), not goopy, not very peppery, not, not, not. Surely it is made by mixing a powder with hot water. The sausage is sliced up patties with hard edges that are slightly offensive to my palate. Not the taste but the shape. I mean, sausage is round bits, not cubes... can I get an Amen? Best of all there was just enough gravy to last the entire meal.

It was served up quickly and at only $2.99 (plus tax) it's a great deal. I'm going to be a bit embarrassed if Arby's wins this competition based on value and service. Maybe I should go back and weight the numbers because it I'm looking at just the food, Arby's biscuits and gravy is merely "okay." But here's the stats:

Biscuits - 6
Gravy - 6
Value - 9
Service - 8
GRAND TOTAL - 7.25

No comments: