Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thoughts on the Way To Work


So there I was, walking to work at 7:35 AM on the south side of Berry Street heading west (my stalker likes details) and I'm trudging through about two inches of fresh powdery snow. The traffic is hushed and not in it's usual rush, instead plodding carefully along at a respectful pace so as not to disrupt the peace.

As I'm walking through the fluffy stuff my thoughts turned to the miracle of snow. God didn't have to give us snow but instead He blessed us with weather you can play with. Before I left for work I brought up the box of gloves, hats, and scarves that have patiently waited since last year, knowing that today the kids would be excited at playing outside. And rightly so. It truly is a miracle as a child to wake up and see the expected front yard magically transformed into a white playground. Want to make a snowman? Want to slide down a hill? Build a fort? Go right ahead! Fun is free today, compliments of a benevolent Father.

On a lighter note, quite a few of us park five blocks from work and walk in. So it was my pleasure to track one of my co-workers in, following a trail of distinctive shoe-prints through the concrete jungle. Once in the office I identified the co-worker as Mike Jones. Being the true hunter that I am I shot him. Now I need to go skin and clean the carcass. If anyone wants to help I'll share some Jones Jerky with you!

7102 - it's been a bit slow

3 comments:

Melynda said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Nice job on tracking that guy with only a few days left. I think Mike Jones season ends this Friday at 11:59 pm.

Uvulapie said...

Mike Jones season is nearly over kids... twelve minutes left!