Wednesday, July 30, 2008

He Stole It From Me

From a Glenn Beck interview with Ron Paul:

GLENN: What do you think about the idea that you gotta vote for the lesser of two evils, no matter what side it is, you've got to vote for the lesser of two evils because half a loaf of bread is better than no bread?

CONGRESSMAN PAUL: I think it's one of the dumbest ideas around. I think that that is a real wasted vote because the two parties have blended together and there's not any difference, nothing really ever changes. You elect a conservative Republican and the deficits explode. And you elect the Democrat to change foreign policy and they make the foreign policy worse. So I think if you really want your vote to be counted, you have to take a principle stand and vote for, if you are left leaning, take a stand for one of the alternative candidates who are left leaning. If not, if you tend to be libertarian, vote libertarian or for the constitutional party.

4 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Ok. I'm voting for YOU as a write in. I cannot vote for either candidate and feel good about myself in the morning.

RPW said...

I'd almost vote for him...but I do believe that Iraq is a just war. Not for WMDs, whether or not they were there. That was just a symptom. It is a tremendously turbulent place in the world and it is not going to get better. and for the interest of the free world, I think it should be managed. Also, Hussein may not have had WMDs but he was a genocidal killer who was terribly cruel to his own people and got his motivation from the Turks and from Hitler. I don't think that a country interested in justice and a basically safe world in which trade and the economy can grow can sit back and allow that to continue. Nobody really says anything against Afghanistan because of the women who were being cruelly oppressed. Men, women, and children were being tortured and killed at his whim. Hussein was financing Hamas and suicide bombers in Israel. There are just so many reasons.

As much as I would like to send a message to both parties, I will not do it during a term when two liberal Supreme Court seats are going to be vacated and we have the opportunity to put in conservatives. McCain has a strong record backing conservative justice candidates.

Uvulapie said...

I'll vote for Doofus and cancel out your vote!

Lutheran Lucciola said...

I wish I heard this interview!