Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Awwww... that's, er, what?

My family received our first Christmas card! Well, actually it was just to me and it was from a record company the supplies a lot of the music that I review, SPV USA. They have a lot of different branches and their progressive-rock division frequently sends me unsolicited CDs. How nice of them!

Opening the envelope I see that it's a politically correct "Happy Holidays" card. Well, that's to be expected. It's a nice picture of a SPV USA Christmas ornament. Opening it up there are three boxes with artwork for new/recent albums by Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Symphony X, and Iced Earth. Plus it's illegibly signed by their staff!

Turning the card over I see a complete listing of their artist roster and a list up albums coming in 2009. I tell ya, I've never received a Christmas card, er, holiday card, bearing names such as Sepultura and Nashville em, kitty.

I can hardly wait to get a card from Metal Blade complete with Cannibal Corpse artwork!

No comments: