Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Bugs Bunny

Right now I can hear the familiar strains of Bugs Bunny coming from the other room. On some days when all the kids are together there's nothing like the comatose-inducing flicker of a DVD to get them to calm down. But at least it's something of quality (and supreme violence) like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Even though they came out decades before I was born I feel like these classic cartoons are mine, having grown up with them on channel 55 back when it used to show black and white movies during the afternoon (and were the only thing on during sick days from school besides soap operas so you subliminally grew to love old movies), well before there was a FOX network to homogenize your viewing pleasure. But I digress.

So the kids are experiencing some great Bugs Bunny cartoons like the one with Pete Puma ("How many lumps do ya want?" "Oh, three or four.") and the hairy monster that Bugs shrinks. I also subject the kids to Leave It To Beaver. Lyndi, my youngest, says she hates anything in B&W but you'll always find her eventually sitting and watching with the rest. Brainwashing at it's best.

Oh, happy 4th of July! Vote out all encumbants, throw all lawyers into the sea, states rights, etc. etc.

2 comments:

Melynda said...

Fiiiiiiiiiigaro!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I'm not sure why, but whenever I read your blog, I insist on covering my entire body with orange marmalade and I put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door of my office (even though I insist on leaving it open).