Friday, May 23, 2008

Things I Learned At 12:17 A.M.

1- My son Matthew really liked dinner last night. He ate a LOT of it.
2- My son Matthew needs to chew his food better.
3- My son Matthew can make a bathroom look like a scene from a horror movie.

I just stood there looking at the mess and wondering even where to begin. It was a wonder of completeness. Floor - check. Rug- check. Walls 1, 2, and 3 - check. Tub- check. Shower curtain - check. Base of toilet - check. Cabinet - check. I'm half wondering if he was doing his impression of a lawn sprinkler or if his head really was spinning.

In less gastronomic news, across from the courthouse there are poles with a plethora of ribbons: pink, purple, and yellow. I think this whole ribbon thing is getting out of hand. In fact if you want to join me in protesting the proliferation of ribbons feel free to tie a dark green ribbon around the ol' oak tree.

5 comments:

Melynda said...

Memories...

Elephantschild said...

Could be worse.

Two words: Loft bed.


The drop zone was something like six feet in diameter. Thankfully we've got hardwood floors.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

We've been mostly fortunate with spew around here. I feel really bad for you...so bad that I'm tying a neon yellow ribbon around my esophagus.

Jane said...

Patrick had an episode like that once when he was about nine.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Uvulapie said...

The boy was fine the next day... nothing viral, which somehow makes it all the more impressive.